Recognizing that the Gazebo Park is the only public open space space in our community, the Section 3 Council has decided to open the park use to people and to resident dogs (with restrictions as below).
Only the Shepherd St. entrance is open. We ask that visitors practice appropriate social distancing and limit the number of people in the park at any given time. Bring toys, have picnics...enjoy the park. However please care for the park, including the grass, plants and trees, as you would your own yard.
On rainy days and immediately thereafter the park will be closed to preserve the turf.
As of its July 8, 2020, meeting the Council developed the following rules for Gazebo Park use by resident dogs (and their humans):
- the park is open to owners and their dogs ONLY from 8:00 to 9:30 a.m. and from 5:30 to 7:00 p.m.
- owners must wear masks and practice appropriate social distancing
- no more than 6 dogs may be in the park at any one time during the above hours, and each must be accompanied by its owner (no more than 2 dogs per owner)
- please limit visits to 15 minutes if someone else is waiting to use the park
- owners are responsible for the behavior of their dogs.